Estate Officer to work on a site
Overall Purpose of the Job :
The Estates Operations Officer is the key interface between the estates service providers, whether internal or external and the Schools and Research Institutes who assists in setting, developing and monitoring appropriate and acceptable standards of service in respect of building, operations and maintenance issues across a defined area of the estate.
1. Customer-focused services, establishing and maintaining working relationships with customers.
2. Contribute towards the development and maintenance of service level statements
3. Provide best value to the customer.
4. Effectively manage and direct delegated resource.
5. Assist in the carrying out or commissioning of maintenance surveys.
6. Issue orders to contractors both internal and external in a professional manner considering all aspects of an Operations Officer's responsibility.
7. Monitoring and reviewing performance and providing feedback.
8. Assist in the implementation of policies, which ensures property maintenance, is carried out in a manner that meets legislative/statutory/safety requirements and good practice.
9. Assist in ensuring the efficient use of energy and supporting environmental initiatives within buildings.
10. Undertake such other duties at a comparable level of responsibility that may be allocated as this new role develops.
Essential Knowledge Experience :
1. Significant experience in a Building/Engineering Repairs and Maintenance role together with evidence of experience gained at a day to day maintenance management level.
2. An excellent communicator, being able to build relationships with both Clients and Suppliers alike.
3. Capability to assess priorities, plan and manage own workload, use initiative and be a good oral/written communicator, with minimum supervision.
4. Must be able to visit and inspect all parts of buildings and building sites, with reasonable adjustment.
5. Be able to undertake a heavy workload, as part of a team, to meet tight deadlines.
- Building Construction and/or Mechanical/Electrical Services Installations.
- Responsive/Planned maintenance provision
- Assessing and Quality checking of maintenance works
- Producing technical briefs
- Health and Safety in Construction
- Office based IT applications such as;-
- Microsoft Office Suite
Working Environment :
1. Office generally but capable of visiting and inspect all parts of buildings and building sites with reasonable adjustment.
2. May be required to work outside normal office hours.