Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting x9 Cleaners to join the Nightingale Hospital, Exeter working on a 6 month fixed term contract. You will be required to work at other Hospitals under the Trusts umbrella as and when required.
To provide under the instruction / guidance of the Facilities Manager or Deputy Facilities Manager a flexible and high quality cleaning service to all departments / areas at the Nightingale Hospital, whilst also having the flexibility to work at any Trust site. To work as part of a team providing an efficient and effective rotary shift service within a COVID-19 Hospital.
Your normal hours of work will be 45 hours per week, working on a rotating shift pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off between either 7:00am to 7:00pm or 7:00pm to 7:00am with a 45 minute break daily.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cleaning in line with the National Standard of Cleanliness in the NHS
• Clean all surfaces, fixtures and fittings
• Clean floors, walls, partitions and internal woodwork as appropriate
• Clean catering areas / rest areas / office areas
• Clean toilets, changing rooms and other sanitary areas
• Clean equipment after use
• Undertake special deep cleaning programmes
• Collecting and appropriate disposing of waste
• Clean and maintain waste bins
• Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and productive working environment
• Refill and replace consumables
• Report faulty equipment and other maintenance requirements to appropriate person
• Monitor and manage stock and supplies, cataloguing as required
• Maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, and report other damages/needs
• Ensure compliance by self and others with all Health and Safety policies and COSHH procedures
• Demonstrate and assist others in safe and effective use of specialist equipment/materials
Who are we looking for?
• Cleaning experience preferable
• A knowledge of the COSHH Regulations
• Good numeracy/literacy skills / GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
• Excellent communication
• Willingness to develop skill sets
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Ability to relate well to a Hospital environment
• Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
• Demonstrate a flexible attitude and willingness to work as part of a team. Show the ability to assist other team members in the discharge of their duties
• Good attendance / Timekeeping
• Ability to show imitative
• Flexible approach
• Ability to work with others
• A friendly disposition
• Be able to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work a rotating shift pattern including weekends and nights
• The ability to cover sickness / absence
• The post holder is expected to comply with Trust Infection Control Policies and conduct him/herself at all times in such a manner as to minimise the risk of healthcare associated infection
• To contribute to and work within a safe working environment.
What's in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate. By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.
All staff employed by BAM FM Ltd, are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service Clearance and take part in Random Drug and Alcohol testing.