Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Premises Manager to join the FM team in Crawley, working on a 9-12 fixed tern contract. This role will report directly to the Facilities Manager and Deputy Facilities Manager.
You will be an integral part of a small team working within an educational environment across 3 schools in the Crawley area.
The team will be required to work shifts including weekend working, varying from 6am to 10.30pm on a rota'd basis and you will be required to manage this rota and fill-in at times as required. You will also be required to be on-call to deal with any queries out of office hours.
• Day-to-day supervision of site based team & supply chain partners, liaison with the clients and schools on both operational issues and the interface of the helpdesk and administrative support team. The expectation of the Facilities Manager is that the Site Premises Manager must be able to react and solve where possible all operational contract related problems and issues
• Direct input into Lifecycle works and budget planning
• Unlocking / locking the college building and areas
• Undertaking regular security checks and identifying security risks
• Monitoring fire safety equipment and carrying out fire drills
• Managing the CCTV equipment and policy compliance
• Providing emergency access to the college site
• Organising and carrying out minor improvement work e.g. erecting shelves, notice boards, redecorating, fixing etc.
• Organising and carrying out various maintenance duties to ensure that the general upkeep and maintenance of the premises is satisfactory
• Identifying defects and recording/repairing
• Collecting and assembling waste for collection
• Operating and responding to alarm systems where appropriate
• Promoting and ensuring the health and safety of pupils, staff and visitors at all times
• Ensuring BAM FM is compliant with all aspects of the Health and Safety at Work Act and to provide assistance on health and safety matters
• Ensuring agreed levels of PPM are achieved and continuously improved
• Controlling and delegating PPM tasks
• Assisting in the preparation of project monthly reports and to represent BAM FM at meetings to discuss performance, contributing in a positive and business-like manner as and when required.
• Ensuring the safe and secure storage of spare parts, materials, tools and consumables and the relevant COSHH data
• Monitoring and managing sub-contractor performance, safe systems of work etc.
• Effectively and efficiently dealing with other client booking requests i.e. exam set up, open days, parents evenings etc
• Ensuring all BAM FM processes and procedures are followed including:
- Permit to Work Systems
- H&S Reports and Training for Site Team
- BAM FM Management Systems for H&S, QMS and Environmental
• Providing leadership and direction to staff, developing skills matrix and development plan
• Managing the reading of the gas, electricity and water meters on a regular basis and report to the Facilities Manager.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience of working within a similar role.
• A proactive and flexible approach to work.
• Excellent management and interpersonal skills.
• Great communication skills in both written and verbal format
• Experience of Handyperson/caretaking/cleaning/site-keeping in a school/college or similar environment
• A means to travel between schools on a daily basis. Travel expenses will be reimbursed between sites.
• Experience of crisis situations, be practical and reliable.
• Experience of Health and Safety regulations and instructions. You should also be able to assess risks and complete risk assessment documentation and escalate queries or concerns when and where appropriate.
• Working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation
• H&S Qualification such as IOSH is beneficial but otherwise training will be provided
What's in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.