Building a sustainable tomorrow
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Senior Site Premises Manager to join the FM team, to support a contract based in Camden.
Reporting to the Deputy Facilities Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of site management, including a wide range of duties and responsibilities connected with the fabric and grounds of the Academies. This includes security, ground maintenance, cleanliness, porterage, monitoring contracts/contractors, routine maintenance, minor repairs and to carry out pre-planned maintenance programmes.
• To ensure that the management and maintenance of the school buildings and environment are effectively undertaken.
• Carry out regular monthly reviews in conjunction with the Facilities Manager/Deputy Facilities Manager
• Supervise supply chain partners effectively.
• Ensure all BAM FM processes and procedures are followed.
• Financial Management - Checking and approving contractors' work, authorising invoices for payment. Raising any discrepancy with sub-contractors and resolving the issues
• Ensure planned preventive maintenance and lifecycle programmes are up to date and meet the contract specification.
• To ensure that all emergency repairs are dealt with promptly
• Develop and maintain relationships with all the Authority departments.
• Supervise the maintenance of accurate site contract administration files.
• Close supervision of BAM FM staff, as well as supply chain partners.
• Provide leadership and direction to staff, developing skills matrix and development plan
• Take site ownership of projects and provide support as and when required.
• Ensure correct skill & competence levels of the team to meet the contract scope.
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly report for the Facilities Manager/Deputy Facilities Manager and Authority, listing all relevant site-based activities that occurred during the month.
• To ensure that the grounds, buildings, services and facilities are in a fit condition for the purpose to which they are put and that they comply with all appropriate standards, health and safety requirements, and school requirements.
• To be responsible for the health & safety of the site
• Be conversant with all statutory compliance processes and procedures.
• To ensure the proper and safe storage and disposal of all waste.
• To read gas, electricity and water meters on a regular basis and report to the Facilities Manager.
• To carry out a conditions survey on the premises in the autumn term and assist in the alteration and implementation of the planned preventative maintenance programme.
• To monitor and inspect the delivery of the cleaning operatives on a daily basis.
• To ensure emergency cleaning such as body fluids, vomit and other soiling incidents are carried out as soon as possible.
• To ensure all external areas including litter bins, play areas, pathways, car parks, grassed and garden areas are clean.
• To supervise/carry out the day to day maintenance and upkeep of the hydrotherapy pool premises including the carrying out of water testing, chemical dosing and minor repairs.
• To liaise with relevant personnel and agencies to ensure the site is secure at all time e.g., opening and closing, arrangement for security alarms, regular patrols of the buildings and grounds.
• To maintain a log of security concerns/breaches and seek solutions in collaboration with the Facilities Manager/Deputy Facilities Manager.
• To manage the schools grounds maintenance by ensuring that lawns are cut regularly, plants and bushes are kept under control, poisonous plants are removed, beds are weeded and dug over regularly and overseeing all subcontractors' works. To ensure the site meets the standards agreed.
• Comply with all Authority, school and BAM FM and statutory Health & Safety procedures and ensure all log books and documents are up to date
• To assist the Facilities Manager/Deputy Facilities Manager in the preparation of emergency evacuation plans.
Who are we looking for?
• At least 6 years experience within a similar supervisory role.
• Knowledge and understanding of pupil safeguarding
• Soft and Hard FM supervisory experience
• Supervisory and team leadership training
• Good Communication and IT skills including excel & word.
• Must be able to demonstrate supervisory qualities.
• A good Level of interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
• A good level of technical knowledge within the M & E sector
• A strong understanding of health and safety and statutory compliance
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.