FRA Project Surveyor
Peabody has an opportunity for a FRA Project Surveyor to join the team based around London. You will join us on a full time, 1 year fixed term contract. In return, you will receive a salary of GBP46,000 per annum.
The FRA Project Surveyor role:
This role will be within the wider Surveying & Voids Team and will be responsible for managing a range of contractors to deliver remedial actions coming out of Fire Risk Assessments to ensure the organisation remains compliant in its fire safety duties as a landlord. In addition to FRA remedial works, this role will be responsible for the delivery of larger ad hoc capital projects related to fire safety, such a cladding removal / replacement, estate wide fire door replacements etc.
Key duties of our FRA Project Surveyor:
- Operational day-to-day management of several contractors responsible for delivering remedial actions coming out of Fire Risk Assessments, ensuring they deliver in accordance with their contract and KPI's.
- Delivery of larger ad hoc capital projects related to fire safety.
- Provide regular and professional communication and liaison with customers and key stakeholders in relation to works instructed and managed by the service.
- Take full responsibility and manage all assigned cases from start-to-finish in a professional and efficient manner whilst ensuring that appropriate stakeholders and appropriate databases are updated regularly.
- Manage external relationships with key stakeholders, such as Local Authorities and suppliers, that builds trust and confidence in Peabody's Service Delivery Team.
- Assist in the delivery of specialist work programmes, ensuring works are to standard, contractor performance is in line with KPI's and value for money is achieved.
- Work in collaboration with other departments to ensure that a seamless service is delivered to customers and that key performance indicators are met.
- Carry out pre-inspections and building surveys to identify defects including preparation of detailed reports, specifications and cost estimates where necessary to ensure the appropriate remedial works are undertaken, to ensure effective and appropriate repair solution ensuring all current and applicable regulations are complied with.
- Provide technical advice on building defects and diagnosis to the organisation, including the day-to-day responsive repair service, as well as, from time to time, carrying out post inspections of repairs to help better manage our contractors.
- Ensure budget responsibilities are met, feeding into forecasting and efficiency plans as required.
What we're looking for in our FRA Project Surveyor:
- Construction based qualification (Degree, HND, HNC or similar) or at least three years' experience in a similar role
- Proven project and contractor management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Extensive experience of building surveying and specific experience of building maintenance, preferably within a social housing context.
- Experience in managing an extensive, complex and varying caseload, with projects from inception to completion.
- Knowledge of Schedule of Rates and methods of measurement, with experience in achieving and ensuring Value for Money
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role
- Excellent all-round IT skills.
- Experience preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and committee level and externally as well as ability to write, disseminate and assess detailed technical reports.
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our FRA Project Surveyor please click 'apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Closing Date: 19th August 2019
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST
46000.00 - 46000.00 GBP Annual + GBP46000/annum