Freelance Gas Supervisor - East Midlands based - up to £25 p/h - ASAP start
- January 2020 start date.
- 6 months contract.
- 37 hours per week.
- Managing domestic heating for a Housing Association (ACS & CCN1 required).
- East Midlands area.
- In-scope IR35.
- Potential for an extension.
We are working in partnership with a East Midlands based Housing Association who are looking for a Technical Officer (Heating) to cover a 6 month secondment. The main purpose of the role is to effectively plan and deliver Mechanical services in the planning, maintenance, improvement and investment for the managed housing stock.
You will be able to provide a technical service for oil, gas and solid fuel systems, including communal heating systems and various mechanical pumped water systems.
- Oversee works undertaken by subcontractors.
- Responsible for the delivery of effective QA processes including full QA checks on installed systems.
- Report findings.
- Provide statistical reports.
- Monitoring changes of materials for failures, reporting to the procurement team.
- Assist in the production of gas Risk Assessments.
- Supervise and control works carried out by contractors and to certify accounts for the works.
- Provide technical service for oil, gas and solid fuel systems.
- Carrying out site inspections during works in progress, and completion of works ensuring standards and quality are met.
Required Qualifications / Skills
- Supervisory or Quality Assurance experience in a relevant field.
- In depth knowledge of gas heating systems in domestic installations.
- Experience of inspecting mechanical works on domestic and commercial properties.
- NVQ Level 3 in Gas or equivalent.
- Current drivers license with access to vehicle.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If you would like further information please contact James on 0116 253 8097.