Groundworks Estimator – Bills of Quantity Preparation
- Measuring and quantity take off from drawings and subsequent BOQ preparation.
- Deal with clients in respect of tender queries and clarifications.
- Attend pre and post contract interviews, meetings etc.
- Vetting of bid documents
- Attend sites in order to ensure a thorough understanding of the scale, scope and risks involved with the works to be tendered for.
- Produce feasibility studies and budget proposals.
- Consistently provide accurate quantities.
- Liaise closely with the buying and surveying teams to ensure that only accurate and current information is used in bid compilation.
- Comply with Heath and safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with company procedure as required
Position Requirements – The following are a minimum set of requirements:
- A good understanding of all aspects of groundworks and small civil engineering projects is essential including the ability to interpret drawings into the built environment.
- Previous experience in a similar role in particular on housing projects.
- Strong computer skills including a knowledge of Bluebeam Revu and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work on initiative.
- The ability to work within a team environment.
- A sound knowledge of construction industry policies and procedures in respect of Health and Safety.
- Valid UK driving licence