Location: Oxfordshire, Cheshire or Cumbria with willingness to travel regularly throughout the UK.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body created to clean up the UK's earliest nuclear safety sites safely, securely and cost-effectively, with care for people and the environment.
The work to clean up the UK's nuclear legacy is the largest, most important environmental restoration project in Europe.
The NDA is undergoing a change in the way it is organised. The creation of 'One NDA' will transform the management of its businesses - working together to find more effective and efficient approaches to nuclear clean-up and decommissioning, on behalf of the tax-payer.
There are around 16,000 people who help deliver NDA's mission and they make up one of the most advanced nuclear workforces in the world. One NDA plans to capitalise on this wealth of experience and talent, harnessing the opportunities that come from the scale and breadth of the group.
At this exciting and challenging time, the NDA is seeking to appoint a Head of Project Management Office (PMO). The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Corporate Centre Services and will be responsible for delivering a strategic centralised approach to project management (PM) and professional PM development across the NDA group.
Many of the programmes and projects are orientated around delivering organisational and legislative change as well as capability development. Some of the projects will be engineering and infrastructure based, with the majority of these types of projects being delivered by the businesses owned by the NDA.
- Developing and managing a fit for purpose centralised Project Management Office (PMO), implementing effective frameworks, policies, processes and procedures for projects led by the NDA Corporate Centre
- Providing PM resource centrally and ensuring a robust review and reporting process is in place
- Development of a PM competency framework to ensure the continuous development of our PM staff
- Support to the PM Head of Profession
- Providing a centralised PMO view of the NDA Corporate Centre portfolio of programmes, projects, operations and activities allowing performance to be reviewed at a Corporate Centre level and resources to be prioritised accordingly
- Providing professional leadership for Programme and Project Managers across the Corporate Centre
- Developing relationships with the Association for Project Management and the Major Projects Association to ensure we have insights on best practice
- Development of PM across the NDA group, collaborating with PM colleagues in each business.
- Leadership and management of the centralised Project Management Office to enable the NDA to discharge its core mission as a strategic authority.
- Providing the Executive and the NDA Board with the visibility of current performance and the trajectory to the achievement of NDA Corporate Centre programmes and projects, providing a commentary and interpretation of data
- Ensuring all actions and issues are visible and being addressed in a timely way, and that they are achieving the desired outcomes
- Making recommendations and ensuring all project and programme issues and actions from assurance reviews are completed and have the intended impact
The NDA is very keen to discuss this opportunity with experienced senior project management professionals operating in a group environment in a technology, infrastructure, construction, heavy engineering/manufacturing company, central government department with the skills and relationship building capabilities to undertake this challenging opportunity.
The NDA values the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
To discuss this role in confidence or request a Candidate Brief, please contact Laurence Wolahan T 020 7259 8743 or M 07764 902 591 or Sam Cresswell T 0113 200 3733 of Hays Executive. Full information of the appointment process can be viewed on www.hays.co.uk/jobs/OneNDA
To apply, please upload your resume and covering letter, stating why you are the ideal candidate for the position of Head of Project Management Office at the NDA. Please also include details of current remuneration package.
Closing date: 14th November 2019
Preliminary interviews: 21st / 22nd November 2019
NDA interviews: 28th November 2019
£ Commensurate with experience