Head of Projects Design - Delfont Mackintosh Theatres - Central London
Your new company
Delfont Mackintosh Theatres is owned by Sir Cameron Mackintosh and operates eight of the most prestigious theatres in London's West End: The Prince Edward and Prince of Wales, Novello, Gielgud, Sondheim (formerly the Queen's), Noël Coward, Wyndham's and Victoria Palace have all had major refurbishments, combining beautiful restoration with twenty-first century comfort.
Cameron Mackintosh, one of the world's most successful producers, has spent £200 million ensuring his venues look their best for 21st century audiences. We are committed to providing the best facilities possible for our patrons and entrust staff to deliver the best possible service. This quality is reflected in the standard of productions which play in our venues including long-running favourites such as Hamilton, Mamma Mia!, The Book of Mormon, and the record-breaking Les Misérables now in its 35th year.
Primary Remit: to champion, develop and maintain the aesthetic integrity and provide a coordinated design overview across the DMT theatre property portfolio - working directly with Sir Cameron Mackintosh and wider Delfont Mackintosh Theatre senior leadership team, consultants and contractors to oversee the design development and help facilitate the implementation of medium to long‐term strategic plans for the properties. This role will effectively manage the initial design development of its projects and ensure a coordinated and flexible approach.
Your new role
In conjunction with the 'Head of Properties and Projects', you will be responsible for:
* Developing Project scopes and briefs/initial design studies with the hiring manager, the DMT team and external advisors and consultants.
* Developing Project Briefs resulting from stakeholder engagement with operational and theatre management, technical, IT, security, catering and maintenance teams to ensure the scope and brief are fully coordinated with DMT's aims and objectives across the organization.
* Preparation of initial designs, sketches, sketches models and simple 3D visualisations to aid communication and review of initial proposals.
* Liaise with facilities/properties team to ensure functionality, practicability and deliverability of potential projects.
* Ensure projects are compliant, sustainable, meet all regulations and approved codes relating to heritage buildings used for public entertainment.
* Identify opportunities and strategies to develop and maintain the buildings and provide details to the 'Head of Properties and Projects'.
* Establish processes and procedures to run and manage design teams as directed by the 'Head of Properties and Projects'.
What you'll need to succeed
You must be a property design professional with significant experience in the management of listed buildings. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Construction / Design Management, Estates / Facilities Management , plus hold a project management and health and safety (i.e. IOSH or NEBOSH) qualification.
You must have extensive experience in managing teams and complex design projects as well as dealing with contractors and sub-contractors with a strong focus around quality, compliance and cost effectiveness. The successful candidate will have very good communication and stake holder management skills.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of £75,000 - £85,000 per annum depending on experience, and an attractive benefits package including a discretionary bonus, five weeks' paid holiday plis Bank Holidays, theatre tickets to most productions at DMT theatres, and a generous pension contribution.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.