Health & Safety Manager required for Airport on the South Coast
One of the largest airports on the South Coast is looking for a Health & Safety Manager to lead the delivery of the their Health & Safety Management system.
The airport has a passenger flow of up to three million per annum and flights being a mixture of private / commercial / police / military.
You will also lead the delivery of the their Environmental Management System (EMS) in line with the requirements of ISO 14001 standard.
- Ensuring legal compliance and reducing risk of non-compliance though a structured program of internal audits.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous EH&S improvement and implement programs to deliver these
- Monitoring performance & reporting to Senior Management and Group
- Managing EH&S budget
Reporting to the Head of Technical Services, 4. Health & Safety responsibilities include
- Leading the Team in effective use of the 'Oshens' H&S system to ensure effective reporting, action planning and delivery of responses to H&S issues take place
- Ensuring Risk Assessments are in place and regularly updated
- Taking responsibility for Health, Safety & Wellbeing standards, driving improvements, adopting best practice and report to the Management Team
- Carrying out accident, near-miss and hazard investigations as required and provide training to Managers in carrying out same
- Investigating H&S aspects of insurance claims
- Managing the SMS, chair the H&S committee and attend regular forums such as Aerodrome Safety Forum, Consultative Committee, Emergency Liaison Panel, etc
- Maintaining register of internal audits, ensuring compliance and resolution of issues and deficiencies.
This position is paying up to £47,000 per annum + excellent benefits.