Building a sustainable tomorrow
We are seeking an ICT Support Technician to join our IT Services team to support the ever growing needs of our business. The role will be based from our offices in Kilsyth and will require some travel to our project sites.
Your general responsibilities will include:
- To support in the day-to-day operations of the BAM IT Services (UK) team by providing effective 2nd line support.
- Ensure timely response & resolution of customer incidents and service requests are carried out with business agreed SLA's.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service to deliver this support to our business.
- Create, log, update, prioritise and resolve incidents or service requests.
- Support fellow colleagues, sharing workload and knowledge.
- Work with the rest of IT Services on improvements to the services we provide.
- Identity incidents that may lead to a Major Incident or Problem call under ITIL best practices.
Your technical responsibilities will include:
Providing 1st and 2nd line support in areas such as:
- Office 365 software and administration.
- Installation and Diagnosing of company utilised software.
- Supporting projects and sites printer solutions.
- Diagnosing network faults preventing connections over both AOVPN and LAN.
- Investigating faults and reporting to 3rd parties where a repair or replacement is required.
- Triage calls and reassign where escalation required.
- Supporting JVs that are utilising Nuttall services.
- Accounts and access.
Proactive awareness and alerting of:
- New software requests.
- Security breaches.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications, skills, and experience should include:
- ITIL foundation qualification or good sound knowledge.
- Experienced in Windows 7 and 10.
- Understanding of MS Server 2012+ specifically Active Directory and folder permissions.
- Office 365 experience would be beneficial.
- Understanding of DA, VPN, WAN and LAN plus diagnosing faults.
- Strong focus on customer service with ability to manage customer expectations, prioritise conflicting demands and resolve customer tasks via our AskIT system.
- Highly motivated with a flexible approach.
- A willingness to continually develop levels of knowledge.
- Ability to support staff at different levels of ICT knowledge and experience.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to achieve results.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including company car / allowance; matched pension contributions; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.