Industry Relations Director
Salary circa £100,000 + Car Allowance + benefits
CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) is seeking an experienced and dynamic industry relations professional to join and support a positive and energetic Executive Team during an exciting period of CITB's development.
CITB, a registered charity, is a non-Departmental Government Body, sponsored by the Department for Education. Our work is enabled through a levy, paid by construction employers and invested to address the skills need of British construction - in England, Scotland and Wales. We attract talent to the construction sector so employers have a sufficient pool to recruit from, and support employers of all sizes to access the training they need to grow and transform their businesses.
CITB is in the final year of a three-year transformation programme, centred around creating an agile, customer-focussed organisation that is a valued partner to the Construction Industry, making a positive impact on the skills needs of the sector.
We work closely with employers of all sizes to understand their priorities: with so many in the sector we must support the training that is most needed. We create partnerships with different organisations, funding activity where others are better placed to deliver and also work with government to guide policy and investment to modernise construction skills.
With such significant challenges CITB focusses its work in three areas:
- In Careers, where we positively change perceptions of construction, and create pathways into industry by preparing people for work;
- In Standards and qualifications, where we ensure the method and content of training and assessment is modern, consistent and trusted, driving up quality; and
- In Training and Development, where we ensure training is relevant, consistent and accessible.
As Industry Relations Director you will be a member of the Executive Team, and as such will drive the delivery of the organisation’s strategy and business plan.
Specifically, you will be accountable for CITB’s customer engagement strategy and all Marketing, Communications and Campaign work conducted by CITB. You will ensure effective and meaningful two-way engagement between CITB and Industry which is critical to our future, as is our ability to swiftly act upon customer and stakeholder feedback. Driving the continual improvement to our customer services and offer is a key part of this role.
The Industry Relations Director is also accountable for the delivery of the internal communications strategy to promote CITB’s culture and values.
You will provide strategic leadership to an Industry / Customer Relations team of circa 120 employees.
The Industry Relations Director will:
- Have significant knowledge of the construction sector and the role of skills and training within it, ideally gained from working at an influential level in the industry.
- Have significant experience of working within large, complex organisations at a senior management or Director level, with responsibility for customer service strategy formulation and delivery.
- Be a highly proficient communicator with demonstrable experience of Communications (internal & external), Marketing (digital & traditional), and Customer & Stakeholder engagement
For more information about the role and organisation please contact Laurence Wolahan, Business Director at Hays Executive (the retained consultant working in partnership with CITB) on 07764 902 591, or please click ‘Apply’ to upload an up-to-date CV and a covering letter.
All applicants will be required to submit a current CV with a covering letter setting out their suitability for the role.
Closing date: 20th October 2019
Candidate assessment: 24th to 30th October 2019
CITB interviews: 8th / 11th November 2019
The above dates are subject to change