Interim Building Surveyor - inside IR35
I am currently working with a Interim Building Surveyor for a large client side organisation in the Leek / Buxton area. Commercial and residential project management. 9-11 month contract. Inside of IR35. A really varied contract, with plenty of different opportunities.
I am working with a large property holder, with commercial and residential portfolios across Leek and Buxton. A supporter of flexible working.
Prepare and deliver Contracts/Projects under the guidance of the Senior Officer to include the planning, preparation and delivery of Major Works Projects and Programmes of work to all council assets.
1. Prepare and deliver Contracts/Projects in accordance with internal project management governance arrangements.
2. Undertake or procure feasibility studies, and all required consultants (e.g. asbestos, CDM),
3. To deliver projects in line with planning, building control, section 20, party wall assessments, consultation.
4. Develop and compile/procure all required technical documents including specification and tender documents.
5. To initiate all project works in line with internal and external procurement requirements.
6. To manage projects to ensure compliance with budget and programme and that all quality standards are met.
7. To undertake site inspections and manage health and safety throughout the project from inception to completion.
8. To process valuation and manage costs in line with budgets and variation thresholds.
9. To carry out other such duties associated with the service area, which the Asset Manager may from time to time require, to maintain the efficient and effective running of the service.
The ideal Interim Building Surveyor will be someone who has the following skills and experience:
HND/C in relevant building / construction related fields.
Knowledge of construction building / project management and an understanding of what represents good performance in the delivery of the capital schemes.
Up to date knowledge of current and proposed construction related legislation, guidance, best practise and health and safety.
Experience within either local Government or the private sector management of construction and maintenance projects with a track record of delivering effective and efficient schemes.
Excellent Analytical and organisational skills
Sound experience of managing a broad range of construction projects.
Experience in processing and delivering effective project management within statutory timescales, including procurement
The offer to this candidate is a long term contract of 9 - 11 months, paying a competitive hourly rate. My client supports alternative methods of working and flexible working arrangements.
Personally, the true variety of projects makes this an attractive assignment
22.00 - 27.00 GBP Hourly + GBP22 - GBP27/hour