Interim Head of Estates Vacancy, Public Sector, Cardiff, 4-6 Months, Immediate Start, £250-£300 per day
Your new organisation
Aligned to the Civil Service Vision, our Estates team provide great places to work which are modern, innovative, and flexible workspace environments that drive collaboration, curiosity and innovation. Our Estates team vision to deliver "Innovative, inspiring, agile, & sustainable working environments that exceed customers' expectations; deliver value for money and respond flexibly to changing business needs".
Your new role
As Deputy Head of Estates, you will report to the Head of Commercial Services, and be responsible for leading estates and facilities management activity (Health & Safety, Accommodation, Technical Assurance, Fire Safety, Capital investment Projects, Business Continuity & Physical Security) in the organisation to ensure they can meet and deliver on business and strategic objectives. The role includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Line management responsibility of circa 10 team members including contracts managers, security specialists, H&S manager, fire and technical manager, project manager, admin support.
- Oversee a range of on-site capital projects
- Oversee the TFM contractor on site
- Provide visible leadership and strategic direction for the Estates profession, role modelling positive behaviours and values, communicating key messages and providing a voice for the profession.
- Ensure compliance with all Estates statutory requirements, standards, specifications, policy, best practice and guidance, providing expert knowledge.
- To establish and maintain a clear governance framework and reporting regime aligned to industry best practice, including relationships to internal and external governance bodies
- Influence key business discussions and decisions related to estates portfolio. Drive collaboration between policy and delivery.
- Provide advice and assurance to the Head of Commercial Services on all estates and facilities management activity (Health & Safety, Accommodation, Technical Assurance, Fire Safety, Capital investment Projects, Business Continuity & Physical Security) in Companies House.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an experienced FM professional with experience of establishing and maintaining a clear governance framework and reporting regime aligned to estates and facilities management best practice, and a passion for developing the profession and the people in it.
- Proven capacity for developing and implementing estates strategy, policies and procedures.
- Commercially minded with experience of managing budgets in excess of £3m per year and delivering estates efficiency programmes
- Ability to build positive working relationships with professionals and academic colleagues at all levels and to work effectively
- Applicable professional qualification/s within FM along with strong understanding of the principles of estates and facilities management (Health & Safety, Accommodation, Technical Assurance, Fire Safety, Capital investment Projects, Business Continuity & Physical Security management)
- Knowledge of risk assessments, management and methodology
What you'll get in return
You will be paid weekly via Hays at a rate of circa £300.00 per day. Working week is Monday to Friday, working remotely where possible due to COVID-19. Minimum of 4-6 months work. Immediate start following a video interview.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.