My client, a large local authority based in London, now require an Interim Senior Development Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for the success and the day to day management of the development team, specifically focusing on RIBA stages 1-4. Working on large, complex regeneration schemes.
London based, large local authority.
As Interim Senior Development Manager, you will be responsible for the success and day to day management of the development team, specifically RIBA stages 1-4. You will have the following main responsibilities, but not limited to;
- Forecast, programme management and control of cost, design, quality and risk etc.
- Development of Project brief.
- Appoint and manage multi-disciplinary project teams, including architect/town planner and wider consultancy team.
- Involved in technical and legal due diligence during identification and acquisition of land for potential development opportunities.
- Negotiate land transactions, including Heads of Terms, Sale/Purchase Agreement, Development Agreement and internal approvals.
- Manage community consultation.
- Establish and manage relationships with developers, agents, consultants and property companies.
- Manage and update financials on a regular basis.
- Manage preparation and submission of planning application process.
- Appraise technical/commercial proposals from developers and contractors, including supporting negotiations.
- Create and implement strategy for a robust handover to the construction team and where necessary, support through the construction delivery stage.
The successful Interim Senior Development Manager will have the following demonstrable skills:
- Experienced already operating at a senior level in development within building and construction.
- Proven track record of leading on multiple, mix use, complex development projects in London.
- Experience working on regeneration and renewal schemes.
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships including developers and consultants.
- Experience managing and motivating a development team, including consultants.
- In-depth knowledge of development process, current UK planning policies, laws, legislation, and understanding of the public sector regulatory framework.
- Commercially focused with ability to forecast, plan and manage project/internal resources and external suppliers.
- Experience of ensuring development projects are procured accurately, competitively, efficiently and on time.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Ability to influence, persuade and delegate.
- Charismatic and confident individual with excellent work ethic, ethos and integrity.
- Degree or professional qualification in property, development, construction or related field (or equivalent work experience).
Up to £650 per day DOE (inside IR35) for an initial period of 6 months.
£500 - £650 per day + inside IR35
+44 207 269 2443