Assistant Quantity Surveyor Opportunity in Cambridge
Your new company
We're pleased to be working with a highly experienced multi-disciplined surveying and project management consultancy, based in Cambridge. The organisation offers end to end property solutions and specialist acquisitions advice for a range of national blue-chip technology companies across Cambridge and London. The company is innovative in their approach with a supportive and commercial culture.
Your new role
- To act as Junior Quantity Surveyor on designated projects, working as a business partner to the delivery teams to provide sound commercial and financial advice.
- Supporting pro-active commercial management of projects during the post-contract stage, with a view to maximising profitability through commercially focused delivery, minimising occurrences of service related penalties, and ensuring contractual obligations are delivered.
- Supporting management of cash flow, including via accurate cost monitoring, substantiated customer billing and assessment of subcontractor payments.
- Management of contract variations and ensuring these are recorded and agreed with customers in a timely manner.
- Supporting risk and opportunity management on designated projects, ensuring risk registers are in place with supporting risk mitigation strategies.
- Working with project teams to ensure compliance with contract obligations, payment milestone obligations, KPIs, etc.
- Supporting management of the supply chain to ensure best value, e.g. rates amendments and delivery performance.
- Supporting project final accounting.
- Supporting or leading regular customer reporting and contract meetings.
- Reporting of appropriate metrics (KPIs) to monitor ongoing performance as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree (ideally QS/Commercial related)
- Previous Quantity Surveying experience
- Knowledge of key telecoms subcontractors
- Be proactive,
- Have good attention to detail
- Be able to manage their own time and work well within a team.
- Have effective communication and project management skills
- Have good grounding in all MS packages, ideally very proficient with excel,
- Comfortable and confident telephone manner
- Ability to manage external contacts, stakeholders, site providers and sub-contractors.
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritise and balance long term projects within a fast paced environment
- Have a full drivers licence
What you'll get in return
As a junior quantity surveyor you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a specialist sector and to deal with high profile blue-chip technology companies across Cambridge and London. You will be working within a rapidly growing, and dynamic organisation based in a brand new, spacious and modern set of offices. Offering a competitive salary depending on experience amongst various other benefits within your total package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.