Junior Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
Leci Groundworks Ltd is a young and growing company based in Chesham. We specialise in all aspects of Basements and Groundworks.
We are currently looking to recruit a Junior Estimator / Quantity Surveyor.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree/OND/HND or similar in Quantity Surveying or similar and be a member of RICS.
Ideally, they will have previous experience working as a Junior Estimator / QS and experience working on groundworks projects also would be advantageous.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Appraising tender documents and preparing estimates as necessary.
- Pricing of Bills of Quantities including build costs, preliminaries and fees.
- Measuring drawings and converting this information into BOQ’s.
- Risk and value management of tenders. This includes spotting, taking advantage of and advising internal teams on potential risks and opportunities in a tender/project.
- Investigate and price Value Engineering cost savings where applicable.
- Being the point of contact with clients including raising & answering queries etc.
- Communicate effectively at all times with both clients and internal companies / departments.
- Attend and takes notes of any meetings relevant to the project.
- Ensuring accurate tracking of all tender documentation.
- Researching and understanding current market prices for subcontractors and materials.
- Preparing budget estimates and cost plans.
- Establish and maintain tendering processes and conduct negotiations.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Monitor targets and workflow.
Working hours will be 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.
Salary £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience.