Building the present, creating the future
Effective knowledge sharing across our business promotes collaboration and the adoption of improved ways of working.
Technological advances are enabling us to create the future of knowledge management across BAM. Digital channels such as SharePoint and Yammer require a fresh approach to how we capture and share knowledge.
Traditionally, with a strong engineering contingent in BAM, we have a tendency towards technical report writing skills. However we need to diversify our approach to meet the pace of change. This requires a more digital yet natural communicative style to be able to raise awareness and understanding of what is available to the business. There is also a need to provide support to the development of more digital means of sharing knowledge, particularly with respect to core business requirements.
We are seeking a Knowledge Coordinator who will report directly to our Head of Digital Construction. Collaborating cross-functionally across the business with marketing, communications, proposals and business process and quality to ensure that this role works in synergy with other parts of the business is essential.
Your key activities will include:
- Work with business experts to prepare knowledge and news articles so that information about good practice, technology, development projects is available, accessible and understood.
- Assist with the development of and delivery/facilitation of webinars and other communication events to the business.
- Identify people and networks that are sources of knowledge.
- Support the delivery of return on investment workshops with project teams and the sharing of the outcomes.
- Provide advice and support to delivery services functional leads to assist with the production of knowledge articles.
- Work with the digital construction network to identify industry award opportunities and support the production and submission of entries to help raise the profile of BAM.
- The role will involve a close working, collaborative relationship with teams including Strategic Accounts & Marketing, Communications, Graphics and Proposals to ensure alignment.
- Raise awareness of the use of SharePoint for capturing and sharing knowledge within BAM in order to support a goal of being able to quickly and easily find the information you need using the SharePoint search function.
- Liaise with the O365 competence center and IT in relation to developments of system functionality in Microsoft and other platforms in order to support increasing effective knowledge sharing using the latest technology.
- Work with the communications and marketing teams to deliver on the digital construction communications plan.
- Work in conjunction with the proposals team including contribution of new material, evidence and proofs to support knowledge management across the business.
- Contribute to the development of governance around the use of knowledge systems.
Who are we looking for?
We will expect you to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to work with little supervision, taking ownership of workload and priorities.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint.
- Ability to create engaging and interactive content.
- A passion for sharing knowledge.
- Excellent people skills: Responsive to meet the demands of users, persuasive and engaging to enlist contributors, ability to develop networks and contacts.
- Good attention to detail and sound administration skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat writer.
The following would be desirable:
- Educated to degree level.
- Background in sales / bid work or marketing / communications.
- Experience creating communications for a variety of audiences.
- Experience in the development of interactive digital media.
- Knowledge of infrastructure contracting sector (preferred).
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Your work environment
Your work location is flexible but ideally based from either our Camberley, Leeds or London office.
The role will involve some UK travel from time to time.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.