Logistics and Traffic Co-ordinator to work on the Thames Tideway project in West London. Reporting to the the project Logistics Manager you will support the project with regards to logistics / deliveries and traffic management issues.
• Arranging, designing and implement traffic management onto the highways for works to undertaken.
• Arranging, designing and implement traffic management to co-ordinate Abnormal Load movements into constricted sites.
• Organising permits with relevant authorities, including pre-works meetings to co-ordinate stakeholders.
• Liaising with strategic relevant authorities to ensure compliance and conformance to all local policies and governmental guidelines.
• Abnormal load movement planning, co-ordinating and route planning to avoid weak and low structures.
• Arranging, co-ordinating and booking in hauliers and suppliers to sites. Supplier liaison and meetings to assure that the high standards are meet by all parties.
• Checking credentials of hauliers, suppliers and staff; including but not limited to FORS, Operating License and DVLA license checks.
• Managing, monitoring and controlling the onsite handheld booking systems. Including remote operations of the system and ensure continuous running.
• Managing and Training all staff on the use and correct operations of the handheld booking systems.
• Ensuring that staff, hauliers and suppliers are aware and comply with the agreed upon site restrictions as identified in the CLP.
• Setup and assistance in management of vehicle holding area
• Consult and manage on all logistics and road HSE issues.
• Understand the VBMS, make sure that it's running correctly on both handhelds and computer based system.
• Troubleshoot and problem solve any issues with handheld units to ensure that gate staff can conduct their jobs.
• Assist and support the gate staff with decisions on vehicle compliance, driver information and vehicle management.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to safety
• Contribute to safety initiatives
• Proactively take measures to eliminate/ minimise potential environmental impacts
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to environmental issues
• Actively participate in the identification of Environmental hazards and implement site control and preventive measures
• Ensure continuous improvement
• Work to the deadlines required by the programmemercial:
• Work to support project costings
Who are we looking for?
Required Experience & Knowledge
• Experience of traffic management schemes
• Knowledge of abnormal loads
• Road Haulage or Construction general knowledge would be helpful but not essential
• IT - needs to be proficient with Excel, Word and web data entry systems
• Communication skills - a good communicator, Organise, Conflict management / calming influence, Self confident
• Self-Motivated / organiser with ability to prioritize - this will be a busy role with multiple suppliers all wanting to be next.
Qualifications & Skills
• It is recommended that you are working towards Professional Membership and professional qualifications in Building or Engineering relevant to the business stream.
• A valid CSCS card is require.
• Able to work collaboratively within a team to achieve deadlines
What's in it for you?
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including car/allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.