Asset Management -major works - local Authority Housing- manager
A large housing department within a local Authority require an experienced Manager to:
* To lead and supervise the Asset Management team in providing a professional and technically competent service
* To play a key role in the development, implementation and review of capital and planned maintenance programmes.
* To develop, maintain and update an Asset Management Strategy, a comprehensive stock condition database, safety registers and energy stock profile.
* To act as contract administrator for major projects.
Detailed day to day duties:
* To develop, maintain and update the Council's Asset Management Strategy in consultation with internal colleagues and tenants associations.
* To assist in the development of the Council's capital and planned maintenance programmes by identifying potential projects and preparing cost estimates and work programmes.
* To liaise closely with the Property Services Manager in order to ensure that the Council's workforce is utilised in delivering capital and planned maintenance programmes wherever possible.
* To manage capital and planned maintenance programmes on a day-to-day basis.
* To ensure that all projects proceed in accordance with their programmes and expenditure profiles and to take corrective action where necessary.
* To provide a regular status report for senior management on the status of all schemes and participate in a monthly performance clinic involving the Head of Housing.
* To develop, maintain and update, on a continuous basis, a comprehensive stock condition database, an energy stock profile and separate databases in respect of asbestos, fire safety, Legionella and radon.
* To devise model investment programmes using the stock condition database.
* To organise a programme of stock condition surveys and energy surveys.
* To act as contract administrator for major projects, which will include:
Preparation of the project brief
Setting up and maintaining efficient systems for holding and retrieving project information
Obtaining statutory consents
Preparation of specifications and tender documentation
Administering tendering exercises and evaluating tenders
Authorising contract payments
Ensuring snagging takes place
Agreeing practical completion
Ensuring that defects are remedied within the Defect Liability Period.
* To commission and manage technical consultants.
* To investigate building defects, recommend solutions and prepare costed reports.
* To prepare feasibility studies, including cost estimates, for refurbishment projects and other minor works.
* To prepare and submit applications for planning and building regulation approval.
* To act as planning supervisor and ensure compliance with the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) regulations.
What you'll need to succeed
Minimum 5 years experience of working in building surveying with a local authority housing department or housing association.
Experience of staff management and supervision of operational and technical staff.
Experience of housing maintenance /asset management in a local authority or housing association
Excellent project management skills.
Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
Able to produce clear, concise and persuasive written reports and letters on complex issues.
Up-to-date knowledge of building construction, building services, health and safety, relevant statutory requirements and procurement processes.
Working Knowledge of Health and Safety and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
What you'll get in return
A competitive day /hourly rate. This is inside IR35. free parking and weekly pay.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.