Major Project Surveyor
Madisons Recruitment are looking for a Major Project Surveyor to work on projects across North London and South Midlands.
This is a great opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading warranty providers.
This position will require the successful candidate to report to the Major Projects Surveying Manager and will involve providing site inspection and expertise relating to the risk management of high value projects, from foundations through to finals.
This position will be home based, with daily site visits.
* Inspecting 7+ storey projects and/or project valuing GBP25+ million
* Ensuring all works are meeting the companies technical manual & building regulations to minimise the risk of defects
* Daily site visits
* Undertaking the referral to specialist contractors when agreed necessary and managing the flow of information for 7+ storey developments between parties.
* Effectively self-manage own workload
* Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
* Ongoing liaison with surveyors on technical matters - must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
* Ongoing liaison with developers/clients - offer technical advice and guidance.
* Provide advice to the Major Projects National Surveying Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
* Ensure inspections create a minimal claims ratio.
* Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
* Full member of professional organisations with minimum grades accepted: MRICS / MCIOB / MCABE / MICWCI or similar.
* Previous experience working on high value projects
* Site inspection/Warranty experience, or a combination of both.
* Excellent understanding of building regulations
* Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
* Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
* The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
* Flexible in personal approach.
* In depth knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
* Requires a good understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
* A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
* Full UK Driving License.
If you are interested, please apply or contact Louisa Swallow at Madisons Recruitment
45000.00 - 52000.00 GBP Annual + GBP45000 - GBP52000/annum