Major Project Surveyor
Major Projects Surveyor
(to cover the South East and Central London)
GBP45,000-GBP63,000 + Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits
My client is an industry leading provider of Structural Insurance warranty provider with an international presence and a respected brand. Due to continued growth they are now looking for a Major Projects Surveyor.
This role would be suitable for:-
* An experienced Risk Management Surveyor, Senior Building Surveyor/Inspector in house build within the full lifecycle of the build.
We would love to hear from you if you have experience in Building Surveying/Inspections within structural warranty insurance and are looking to progress to the next level ?
* Do you want to train other Inspectors?
* Have you experience in high rise storey developments
* Do you want to work from home?
To provide suite inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of large and higher risk construction sites registered with the scheme.
Assisting the Manager in effective and efficient management of larger, high rise and /or complex projects in a defined geographical area.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the Major Projects Surveyor will include:-
* Primarily inspecting HVS, Special Acceptance and 6+ storey projects (and occasionally other complex schemes). In some locations (dependant upon order numbers), also risk managing the full range of projects being constructed and/or converted, working closely with builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations
* Assist the Manager in ensuring adequate and appropriate levels of inspection are undertaken, providing reporting information and Customer concerns/issues.
* Reviewing 6+ storey projects in conjunction with MDWSS Major Project Management team as well as larger high rise and/or complex category, to achieve above and assisting in the decisions to utilise specialist contractors for particular areas of risk. Undertaking the referral to specialist contractors when agreed necessary and managing the flow of information for 6+ storey developments between parties.
* Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
* Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to Customers.
* Carry out Site Risk Assessments for high rise and/or complex projects in conjunction with MDWSS, providing appropriate communication both internal and external to ensure appropriate levels of information and risk management are achieved.
* Ongoing liaison with surveyors on technical matters - must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
* Ongoing liaison with developers/clients - offer technical advice and guidance.
* Provide advice to the Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
* Undertake high risk and complex work, with minimum supervision.
* Ensure inspections create a minimal claims ratio.
* Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
* Carry out Developer assessments during the life of the project
Experience / Skills
* Full member of professional organisations with minimum grades accepted: MRICS / MCIOB / MCABE / MICWCI or similar.
* Relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspection and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience. Extensive experience of differing construction methods, as well as experience of defect resolution issues. The candidate must have experience and understanding of high risk areas of construction, such as flat roofs, basements, cladding systems, etc.
* In depth knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
* Requires a good understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
* A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
* Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
* Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
* Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
* Flexible in personal approach. Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word and MS Excel).
* Full UK Driving Licence.
About ATS Recruitment ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services
45000.00 - 63000.00 GBP Annual + GBP45000 - GBP63000/annum