Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join a dynamic Public Sector organisation to support with the self-delivery a large mixed-use development in Hampshire
The organisation are looking to set the standard for community led development and are now embarking on an exciting and ambitious long-term landmark development programme. After recently acquiring a large development site, the organisation now has plans to roll out the multi-phase scheme consisting of over 2000+ homes, schools and community facilities.
Your new role
As the Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will be fundamentally responsible for leading on the construction cost management services of the ongoing development programme. Working closely with, and reporting to, the Development Commercial Manager, you will provide and implement an effective commercial strategy and procurement process, from initial pre-contract phases, through to completion and handover.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Producing construction cost budgets and plans for inclusion in the overall development appraisal.
- Participate in the production of construction cost budgets and estimating function of each relevant element of project delivery.
- Procure and oversee tendering selection for Consultant and Contractor teams, including drafting of agreements.
- Directly be accountable for monitoring and reporting on cash flows, project related budgets and cost centres, including design and construction
- Financial management of accounts, contract variations and payment processes.
- Attend stakeholder / site meetings and provide reporting in relation to cost and commercial performance.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need;
- Extensive relevant experience and knowledge of delivering large scale residential or mixed-use developments is essential.
- Current or previous experience within a client side, developer, or house builder environment
- Able to demonstrate strong knowledge of pre and post contract construction cost management services.
- A clear understanding and experience of OJEU procurement rules and processes.
- Proven ability in managing large budgets, producing contract documents and dealing with legal matters in relation to construction and developments.
- Hold a degree in a relevant subject, such as Quantity Surveying or Construction.
- Desirably hold a professional accreditation such as MRICS / MCIOB.
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 02382 020101.
£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
0115 959 8786