Building the present, creating the future
The Transpennine Route Upgrade Project (TRU) is a circa £2b multi-disciplinary project upgrading the existing railway route between Manchester and Leeds through the Pennines. It is the largest rail and infrastructure project in the north of England over the next 5 years.
BAM work as part of the Transpire Alliance structure with Amey, Arup and Network Rail, meaning we all have Alliance facing roles as well as undertaking our BAM responsibilities.
We require a Managing QS to join the team working out of project and site offices in Manchester, with site based requirements across the Transpennine route.
• Maintain effective communications with Contracts Managers, Project Management, Commercial Management and other associated disciplines within the Alliance and the BAM business.
• Ensure the production of timely and accurate monthly cost and value reports, quarterly forecasts and cash-flow information for presentation to senior management both within the Alliance and the BAM business.
• Advise on project needs to ensure adequate commercial support is provided
• Provide support and guidance and, where necessary, be involved in implementing actions and agreed strategy from all commercial discussions / reviews
• Take part in discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy
• Promote and manage the usage of business processes and Alliance processes within the project
• Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through contract vetting and input to sub-contract documentation
Who are we looking for?
• Previous experience on civil engineering scheme
• Formal relevant qualification - Degree
• Good communication skills
• Good IT skills
• Collaborative attitude
• Experience working with NEC / ICC form of Contracts
• Management of commercial team
• Confidence and ability to assert influence
• Demonstrable legal, contractual and construction knowledge
• Experience of target price contract
• Working in an Alliance structure arrangement
• Holds or working towards professional accreditation with CICES or RICS
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes car / car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; mentoring and people networks; fair opportunities.