Managing Surveyor (Top Tier Residential Developer) - London - £80,000 + package
Our client is a leading National Developer, currently going through a period of expansion and have a new senior level commercial vacancy in their London business. They have a secure pipeline of future projects including large Residential developments, apartments, and mixed-use schemes. Joining this established London Commercial team leading and supporting the QS's under you.
You will be responsible for the commercial/surveying and team(s) on large Sites £40-100M. Effectively manage costs for the site(s), and ensure targets are met by managing and controlling the budget and valuations, including monthly updating of the estimated final costs. Having the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation. Responsible for managing all sub-contractor procedures and processes, and materials and goods as required.
Your role entails:
- Managing a team of surveyors, leading a guiding their development.
- Leading large sites and managing/supporting controlling all commercial tasks and responsibilities on these site(s) (200 units +).
- Monitoring and carrying out accurate build cost assessments of acquired land; maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
- Reviewing and supervising accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
- Analysing and reporting on costs and cash flow vs budget
- Preparing tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials
- Evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions.
- Using a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures.
- Management of Sub-Contract accounts through to completion including valuations, payments, variations, forecast final accounts and contractual correspondence. Submission of interim applications for payment on time.
- Produce monthly cost reports on time, in conjunction with Project Managers - ensure that the true position is reported at all times.
- Attend regular meetings with Commercial and operational counterparts, key stakeholders and client to ensure projects managed and maintain target performance levels.
You will have:
- You will have a QS Degree or equivalent, and significant relevant experience at a senior level on Large scale residential developments /mixed use schemes.
- Strong knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements etc
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.