Candover Green have been appointed to assist with the recruitment of an experienced Engineer to assume full responsibility for driving the acceptance and use of IBAA (Incinerator Bottom Ash Aggregate) into local authority construction projects and schemes (either direct schemes or those that will be adopted later). The role will be Hampshire based and will include working in surrounding counties.
The successful candidate:
- Will understand recycled and secondary aggregates used in construction, the product specifications and requirements and the manual of contract documents for highways works (in particular series 600 & 800)
- Have considerable experience in Section 38 / 278 adopted highways schemes
- Will have the ability to navigate through the local authority roadmap and identify and influence the decision makers
- Will be motivated and proactive, with demonstrable energy, drive and enthusiasm; and has an innovative nature with problem-solving skills
• To act as a contractual lead where required, liaising with, and advising local authorities and the companies clients regarding IBAA
• To understand S38 & S278 design and approval processes within local authorities
• To promote the use of the companies IBAA products within local authority S38 & S278 schemes
• To provide direction to operational and technical teams regarding IBAA product requirements
• To develop and manage a process that will allow the business to identify, at an early stage, opportunities (local authority and other) that have the potential to use IBAA and ensure will IBAA is included at the design phase
• Act as a key part of exhibits and product promotions
• Work effectively as part of a team and with other professionals and stakeholders including clients, Local Authorities and the Environment Agency
• Work with alternative users of IBAA e.g. block manufacturers to broaden the markets for IBAA
Qualifications and Capabilities
• Ideally have a degree in civil engineering or similar with a relevant level of post graduate experience.
• Experience of meeting attendance to discuss issues with clients, architects, contractors, local authorities and other statutory bodies.
• A strong knowledge of highway design, and drainage.
• Thorough understanding of Section 38 & 278 design and approval processes.
• Knowledge of highway design standards - DMRB, Manual for Streets and NRSWA.
• Understands Highways and Pavement design to UK DMRB standards.
• Understands manual of contract documents for highways works (series 600 & 800).
• A broad understanding of recycled aggregate specifications and product applications.
• Full UK driving licence.
For full details, please contact Rebecca@candovergreen.com on 07833 457383