M&E Engineer / Surveyor - £44,600 salary, 37.5hrs / flexible working / work from home / 23% pension - Derby
Your new company
A Derbyshire based estates department are looking for an M&E Project Manager / Surveyor to efficiently and effectively manage multiple building projects identified in new and existing educational sites, which include a wide range of school settings and conditions (e.g. Special Schools, Primary Schools, High Schools).
You will ensure that the planning and delivery of a portfolio of projects are completed to client satisfaction and in accordance with appropriate compliance standards.
Your new role
- Manage capital works projects with values ranging from £10k - £1million
- Undertake site surveys for new and existing buildings
- Management of contractors, consulting agencies and site workers delivering on specific building/site or facilities contracts.
- Working alongside and in conjunction with the Director of Estates, Health & Safety Compliance and site maintenance teams within identified organisational premises.
- Management of the technical aspects of design, procurement, implementation and close-out of project activities.
- To assist with adherence of statutory duties in relation to Property and H&S legislation including, Construction Design Management Regulations, Control of Asbestos Regulations, Gas Regulations, Electricity at Work Act, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, The Control of Legionella Bacteria (L8).
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 3 - 5 years experience as an M&E Building Services Engineer / Surveyor
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical / Electrical / Building Services
- Project management qualification or experience (ideally qualified to PRINCE 2 and APM)
- Project design and specification writing essential
- Experience in construction/building, and refurbishment of facilities (M&E).
- Experience of managing minor and major repair of buildings (M&E).
- Proven experience of a broad range property related legislation and best practice guidance including those related to; Asbestos, Legionella, Fire Safety, CDM, Electrical Safety, Gas Safety. Previous experience of working within busy and occupied school environments.
What you'll get in return
- Salary £44,600
- 37.5 hours a week (flexible working)
- Work from home
- 23% employer pension contribution
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Mileage claimed at 45p / mile
- Mobile phone & laptop
For more information, please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097