Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construct UK is recruiting a Mechanical Engineer in the Western Region for our BAM Building Services team. The role is based in our Bristol office with regular travel required to support projects across the region. The role would report directly to the Building Services Construction Manager.
• Input at tender / cost planning stage including evaluating M&E Consultants specifications and tender drawings
• Prepare tender lists for specialist sub-contractors and major plant / equipment
• Analyse bids and quotations for specification compliance
• Raise technical queries RFI's
• Delivery of Construction issue co-ordinated working drawings to programme
• Checking and sign off of Co-ordinated working drawings for compliance, maintainability and commissionabilty prior to issue
• Delivery of plant and equipment to meet programme (incl factory witness testing)
• Raise and agree technical submissions
• Management of design team to meet their obligations (organising / chairing design workshops)
• Liaison with Construction team members (incl site inspections)
• Manage expectations for MEP in relation to programme input.
• Liaison with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure order completeness, spec compliance and interface with electrical and construction elements
• Management of CDP Specialists such as Sprinklers, BMS etc
• Engineering of Contractors responsibilities such as fan / pump sizing, bracketry, expansion etc
• Preparation and monitoring of Client and design changes
Who are we looking for?
• Demonstrable experience within a similar role
• Minimum relevant qualification to HNC, HND level
• Good communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Works well within a team environment with good interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent IT skills and experience is using Microsoft Office
• Dynamic and ambitious
• Ability to plan own work, using own initiative, with a can-do and willing attitude.
What's in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share our value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.