Mechanical Supervisor job available at HMP Littlehey in Huntingdon
Your new company
As a leading supplier to HM Prison Service Hays are seeking to recruit a Mechanical Supervisor to work at HMP Littlehey in Huntingdon. HMP Littlehey is a local category C prison based around 7 miles outside of Huntingdon Town Centre. HMP is well connected as it has links to the A14, A428 and the A1M.
Your new role
You will manage a team of Plumbers to ensure compliance and professional, cost effective service delivery is maintained and act as an interface between the Plumbing team and the client to report issues arising to the Line Manager.
- Be responsible for the service delivery of the mechanical team
- Assist with the recruitment and supervision of staff
- Produce rotas for the mechanical team
- Produce proactive reporting of all Health and Safety issues
- Manage the issue and upkeep of PPE to the team.
- Ensure that the team are appropriately dressed at all times whilst on duty.
- Manage stock levels and equipment
- Conduct job chats with the operative team to identify training requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll
- Liaise with the client to ensure customer satisfaction with the service provide
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role you must have both mechanical and supervisory/management experience. You must be fully qualified and have at least NVQ level 3 in Plumbing and heating.
Previous experience in a prison/ public sector is not required for this role. The nature of the role requires candidates to be security conscious and able to challenge potential compromises and risks. You will also need to be reliable and consistent, level headed and have exceptional interpersonal skills. Full training on working within a prison is provided by the establishment/ department.
Security Clearance required:
All applicants will be subject to the HM Prison Service Security Clearance procedure, this can include a DBS check.
You must hold a valid passport or birth certificate, photo driving licence in your current address, an additional proof of address and a proof of national insurance. All applicants must be able to provide details of 2 satisfactory references, at least one from an ex-employer.
What you'll get in return
A long term temporary role with the chance to become permanent depending on performance. Free on site car parking and support from a dedicated recruitment consultant throughout the process and whilst working in this role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.