Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM FM is recruiting a Mobile Maintenance Engineer (Gas) to join our western region. Carrying out planned and reactive maintenance across multiple sites within the Dorset and Wiltshire areas.
• Maintain plant and equipment including the servicing of all M&E assets specializing in the servicing of gas boilers/appliances both domestic and commercial as well as LPG in line relevant regulations.
• Identify spare parts to carry out repairs and order through appropriate channels
• Ensuring all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales.
• Carrying out the preparation of Risk Assessments and producing Method Statements for works within the site.
• Liaison and supervision of subcontractors in relation to method statement risk assessment and safe execution of works.
• Monitor and order stock for related items.
• Assist in the provision of the associated services within the project facilities. Including but not limited to general plumbing work, statutory inspection and testing of other mechanical and electrical services, managing of minor works projects.
• Pricing up minor work jobs.
• Obtaining quotations for materials
• Assist in the fulfilment of health and safety responsibilities within the project facilities.
• Provide general support duties.
• Ensure the operation of heating plant, fire alarm systems and lighting systems.
• Carry out and supply meter readings for utility consumption.
• Be part of the on-call roster
• Other reasonable requests when required.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience as a mobile technician working in a busy service environment, with the relevant gas safe accreditation for gas, both domestic and commercial and LPG.
• Experience in maintenance and fault finding on a variety of equipment including, plumbing, boiler plant, ventilation, pumps, switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting.
• Ability to read, understand and diagnose faults utilising as-installed drawings, as installed schedules, contract specifications and equipment.
• Full driving licence.
• Basic electrical and plumbing experience would be advantageous.
• Good communication and organisational skills.
• Ability to use initiative in day to day duties.
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £60 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.