Operations Liaison Engineer
Salary: Between £38-50.6k
Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.
What will you be doing?
As the Operations Liaison Engineer you will play a pivotal role in the delivery of multiple projects across our Sewage and Water Networks and Pumping in the North and South London area. The projects implement various solutions to ensure compliance and good performance of the works. Promoting Thames Water’s Health and Safety Three Zeros culture of ‘Zero Incidents, Zero Harm & Zero Compromise’ by promoting the well-being of team members, colleagues, and contractors.
This is a vital role to facilitate the successful and seamless delivery of assets from need validation, Risk and Value, design, and implementation through to operational takeover and post takeover support where needed, safeguarding any site, process, regulatory and statutory requirements while maximising benefits to Thames Water.
- Ensure the operations and delivery teams understand the underlying need of the project along with any operational restrictions or requirements – suggestion as operational synergies across the operational area and the wider program doesn’t make sense to me Adopt the standardised approach to operational engagement to ensure efficient governance and that the project meets the necessary quality standards
- As part of the design process, ensuring operational layouts and functionality is in line with Best Operating Practices. Take part in key design reviews (challenge workshops, hazard reviews, and solution reviews
- Understand and agree on the site access, mobilization, and availability of plant and personnel to facilitate construction, integration, commissioning, training, and take over process.
- Be responsible for a geographical area, the role will lead the engagement between local operations, system planners, project definition, Developer Services, and the project delivery team within capital delivery.
We’re looking for you to
- Have an HNC or above in an appropriate engineering subject or significant background in a similar role
- Ideally Be qualified in the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health, Site Management Safety Training scheme, or Institution of Occupational Safety and health.
- Be knowledgeable in construction design and management regulations
- Have an appreciation of operational issues/constraints and the ability to help develop solutions fitting to the needs
- Committed to the development of design, construction, and operation of Thames Water Networks and Assets
- Comprehension of performance and quality management
What’s in it for you?
This is a vital part of the work we do hear at Thames Water to ensure we are compliant in the engagement process that is built into our stage gate processes. You will be working collaboratively with many internal and external stakeholders as part of the community to ensure we provide the best to our customers and communities.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service, and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding, and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career and flexible working arrangements.
We’re also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process. Find out more about working at Thames Water
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities, and the environment can thrive. This means, when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an Ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues, and a earn bit of extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can’t consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.