Building the present, creating the future
We have an exciting role to join our team in Leeds working on the Transpennine Route Upgrade West Programme as Planning Manager. This is a key role to Lead the Project Planning team taking responsibility for Multidisciplinary Project Planning on a key section of the scheme between Huddersfield and Dewsbury.
Your key activities will include:
- Lead the planning team and collaborative planning meetings.
- Work with project integration lead to ensure schedules are aligned, integrated and structured in line with the Schedule Management Plan.
- Provide critical resource information when required to the Alliance Planning Manager.
- Ensure schedules are accurately updated to support the EVMS.
- Work closely with the other support functions on a day to day basis providing support as required. Including Procurement, Commercial, Estimating.
- Provide support and technical information to the Alliance Planning Manager for onward cascade to the Planning & Project Controls Director and the programme AMT.
- Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide schedule risk, issues and delay analysis.
- Support & participate in the wider alliance planning and project controls forum including the ownership and active participation in continuous improvement work streams.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Member of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Able to coach and challenge management and non-specialists.
- Expert in complex schedule integration on large multidiscipline construction projects.
- Experience of leading planning teams to deliver a major infrastructure project.
- Technical planning expert to advanced level.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Change Management and Earned Value Management processes.
- Experience of working in a senior management team and reporting at Director level.
- Knowledge of / experience in the UK railway industry.
- Knowledge of / experience in Alliancing.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.