Plumber - Maintenance
Maintenance Plumber, Commercial and Domestic mixed
Your new company
You will be working across a number of Educational facilities around the North East, Stretching from Wearside up to Northumberland.
Your new role
The role will begin on a 12 week temporary basis, with a view to go permanent for the right candidate.
The estate has a huge variety of buildings including educational facilities and domestic dwellings (student accommodation) including both new build property and also some buildings dating back 100 years, so a good wide knowledge of plumbing is required.
Duties will include:
- General plumbing maintenance such as taps, toilets, radiators sinks etc
- Installation and maintenance sanitary systems and sanitary ware
- Emergency Repairs
- Fault finding
- Regular PPM checks
- Installation and maintenance of heating and hot water systems including pipework, isolation valves, zone valves and cylinders
- Assist other engineers with non-plumbing tasks where required
What you'll need to succeed
- You need to be qualified to minimum of NVQ level 2 in Plumbing.
- You MUST have a full UK driving Licence and your own transport (due to rural location of some sites)
- You will be required to complete and ENHANCED DBS check (paid for by Hays) so you must declare any and all previous criminal convictions before interview stage.
- Ability to read plans and drawings
- Must be able to provide information of the last 5 years of work history (even if not trade related) and be able to give details of references from your most recent 2 employments.
What you'll get in return
Hours are Monday - Friday, 40-45 hours as standard, and there is a good opportunity for weekend overtime if required.
Salary can be discussed depending on experience.
You will accrue an equal amount of holiday allowance to the permanent full time employees.
Depending on performance you will be given the opportunity of a permanent job.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.