Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting x7 Porters to join the Nightingale Hospital, Exeter working on a 6 month fixed term contract. You will be required to work at other Hospitals under the Trusts umbrella as and when required.
To provide under the instruction / guidance of the Facilities Manager or Deputy Facilities Manager, a flexible and high quality support service to departments at the Nightingale Hospital, whilst also having the flexibility to work at any Trust site. You will need to be able to extend care and consideration to patients and their visitors. To work as part of a team providing an efficient and effective rotary shift service within a COVID-19 Hospital.
Your normal hours of work will be 45 hours per week, working on a rotating shift pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off between either 7:00am to 7:00pm or 7:00pm to 7:00am with a 45 minute break daily.
You will focus on:
• Patient movement including the deceased
• Waste collection and management
• Dirty linen collection
• Checking and replenishment of linen
• Medical gas provision
• Collection and delivery of blood, samples and specimens
• Provide as and when required any ad hoc collections or deliveries as requested by departments
• External waste management including litter picking
• Gritting of walkways
• Sweeping and general tidiness of external areas
• Flexibility to assist or cover the Cleaning Team when required
• Fire Marshal duties including Fire Alarm panel monitoring
• Liaise with the Housekeeper / Clinical Team on a daily basis
• Maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, and report other damages/needs
• Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and productive working environment
• Ensure compliance by self and others with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
Who are we looking for?
To succeed in this role:
• Portering experience preferable
• Good numeracy/literacy skills / GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
• Excellent communication
• Willingness to develop skill sets
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Ability to relate well to a Hospital environment
• Knowledge of moving and handling procedures
• Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
• Demonstrate a flexible attitude and willingness to work as part of a team. Show the ability to assist other team members in the discharge of their duties
• Good attendance / Timekeeping
• Ability to show imitative
• Flexible approach
• Ability to work with others
• A friendly disposition
• Be able to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work a rotating shift pattern including weekends and nights
• The ability to cover sickness / absence
• The post holder is expected to comply with Trust Infection Control Policies and conduct him/herself at all times in such a manner as to minimise the risk of healthcare associated infection• To contribute to and work within a safe working environment.
What's in it for you?
In addition to a attractive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
All staff employed by BAM FM Ltd, are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service Clearance and take part in Random Drug and Alcohol testing.