YTL Arena Complex has been given the green light and we are now moving forward with this exciting project to put Bristol on the world stage for live music and entertainment by reimagining the Brabazon hangars.
The Brabazon hangars are steeped in history. They are the birthplace of Concorde and Supersonic travel. We will breathe new life into them, transforming them into an exciting, vibrant destination open all year round, offering a range of entertainment events, and creating a new place to eat, work and play.
YTL Arena Complex is part of a GBP 2bn Brabazon new neighbourhood investment which will provide a GBP 1.5bn economic boost to the city region.
We are looking for a project director with experience of public entertainment projects in stadiums, arenas or large entertainment venues valued in excess of GBP 60m. You will lead the project team and manage the supply chain to deliver the project on time, meeting cost and quality targets and standards.
The successful candidate will have significant previous experience in project management and managing complex jobs within the construction industry.
Leadership will come naturally to you, as you will be influencing and communicating with internal and external stakeholders to deliver daily targets. Most of all, we would like you to be adaptable, innovative and an excellent team player with a passion for the Arena Complex and surrounding neighbourhood.
So, what else are we looking for?
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of the project, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with YTL organisational practice.
- Securing the provision of resources needed for the project from internal and/or external providers.
- Agreeing contracts for the provision of goods and/or services, monitoring compliance and managing variances.
- Determining the best means of satisfying requirements within the context of the project deliverables i.e. developing solutions.
- Preparing and maintaining the project programme, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements.
- Developing, implementing and updating resource allocations plans (other than finance) needed for the project, taking account of availabilities and scheduling.
- Developing and agreeing budgets for the project and controlling forecast and actual costs against them.
- Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect the project.
- Developing, maintaining and applying quality management processes for project activities and outputs.
- Consolidating and documenting the Project Execution Plan (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements).
- Establishing, and implementing where necessary, protocols to change the scope of the project and updating relevant documents as required.
Sound interesting? Please apply by clicking APPLY below quoting job reference REQ003172. The closing date is 19 April 2020 but assessments for potentially suitable candidates will be held throughout the advertising period.
Please remember you must be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK and provide evidence of qualifications gained. All offers of employment will be subject to a Basic Disclosure Criminal Records check.
YTL Developments is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages the many skills, interests, backgrounds and experiences that people from different social groups can bring. We strive to provide a workplace which is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying, and where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzFO7lCVG0EKlccR0rUGxyQ