Building a sustainable tomorrow
We are looking for an enthusiastic Project Information Manager who can strengthen our delivery services in Scotland. You will be joining the divisional team working in the Glasgow area and will be reporting to the Digital Construction Manager for Scotland.
Your primary role will be to lead the planning, implementation and use of digital tools to capture, share and use information on civil engineering projects.
Your key activities will include:
- Work with the project teams, employers team and third parties to fully understand information requirements and workflows on projects - managing expectations and delivery.
- Setup, support and develop project teams to be self-sufficient in delivering Digital Construction, providing necessary training and coaching. Including:
- The development, implementation and maintenance of the BIM Execution Plans (BEP) for tenders and projects, including incorporation of client Information Requirements and project BIM / Digital Goals.
- Implement information delivery workflows in accordance with ISO19650 and associated standards.
- Model management, coordination, QA/QC (validation) and clash detection, including reporting.
- The management of tender, and project Common Data Environments (CDE) on platforms including Bentley ProjectWise, Autodesk BIM360, and SharePoint.
- Setup and support for project field data capture systems, typically utilising Autodesk BIM360.
- Coordinate with project teams for the planning for, compilation and issuing of the handover information specified in the client's EIR and managed in the project BEP.
- Engage and work with designer's, employer's, and end-user's (asset management) Information Manager.
- Troubleshoot problems and help resolve digital construction issues.
- Assist in developing content libraries, information requirements, digital tools and improved workflows.
BAM are leading in Digital Construction and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and sharing of best practice and innovation.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- A qualification in civil engineering to HND or BTEC.
- Substantial experience, across a wide range of civil engineering projects, with a good understanding of design and construction.
- Working knowledge of relevant standards, including BS1192, PAS1192, and ISO19650.
- Knowledge and experience of BIM / digital construction tools and workflows, including model coordination and clash detection in platforms such as Navisworks and Solibri.
- Experience of using ProjectWise and BIM360 CDE solutions.
- Knowledge of BIM360 / Construction Cloud Modules including Docs, Field Management, Assets, Design Collaborate, and Model Coordinate.
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
The following are advantageous:
- Basic knowledge of coding languages such as Python, SQL, and Microsoft Visual Basic.
- Experience with MS Teams and SharePoint - including Lists and Libraries.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office - including setting up templates with Developer Mode, use of fields and advanced formula.
- Experience using Power Automate, Power Apps, and PowerBI (or similar dash boarding tools).
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes car / car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Your work environment
The role is based in Kilsyth (just outside Glasgow), but you will be required to travel to the project sites across Scotland, as necessary, to support the project teams, with occasional UK wide travel for training, workshops and forums.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; mentoring and people networks; fair opportunities.