Independent School - Project Manager - London
I have been exclusively appointed by an independent school for boys to recruit for a suitably qualified Project Manager to assist the Project Director on the successful delivery of several key capital projects. Furthermore, the PM will work autonomously on projects up to £5mil, from brief through to snagging. Experience of working in construction, capital projects, architecture or surveying, with practical experience of managing processes for construction projects, is essential for this post.
What you'll need to succeed
- A strong undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in construction, capital projects, architecture or surveying, with practical experience of managing processes for construction projects
- A qualification in a field related to Project Management, Quantity Surveying, or Architecture
- A creative and logical approach to work, with the ability to take the initiative, problem solve, be proactive and work accurately under pressure.
- Be able to work in an ever-changing environment, be able to prioritise and thrive in an environment where issues arise regularly which need immediate attention.
- A confident, cheerful and outgoing disposition.
- Ability to work in a small cohesive team
- Ability to work within a diverse community of stakeholders and colleagues
- Meticulous attention to detail and high standards of accuracy.
- A very high standard of written and spoken English and excellent level of numeracy.
- Proven organisational and administrative abilities in an office environment.
- Advanced IT skills in order to provide IT support for the Director
What you'll get in return
- 25 days per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- £40,000 - £45,000pa, dependent on skills and experience
- Free daily hot lunches provided in the School dining hall, including vegetarian options. Coffee, tea and supplies for hot drinks supplied throughout the day.
- Free parking on site.
- School employee bicycle scheme, whereby a bicycle suitable for commuting will be supplied, or the cost of purchase reimbursed, by the School to the value of £500.
- Use of sports facilities, including swimming pool and gym, and use of staff changing rooms.
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme.
- Death in Service benefit.
- Employee Assistance Programme, an independent, free and confidential advice service that can offer both practical advice and emotional support.
- Policy for funding external professional development, and reimbursement of relevant professional membership fees.
- After 5 years of employment, annual leave entitlement increases to 27 working days (or pro rata equivalent). This increases to 30 working days (or equivalent) after 10 years of employment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
£10 - £45000.00 per annum
0800 716 026