Site/Project management role for a award-winning, main contractor based in the Derby region.
Your new company
A civil engineering and building contractor focused on providing safe, sustainable, cost effective solutions to clients across the UK. This company operates in the Industrial, retail, water and flood management sectors. They have received numerous awards for there forward thinking approach to the construction industry and are looking for a site/project manager to take a permanent position within there team.
Your new role
The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of production on site. This involves;
- Planning and cost control- Forecasting the labour, plant and material requirements to ensure the work is undertaken within the tender allowances. Liaising with the contracts manager to determine the sequence and methods of constructing the works.
- Implementing the Company Health and Safety Policy with respect to site activities, and to maintain and operate the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Plan on site. Undertaking site inspections and Audits.
- Co-ordinating labour, plant, sub-contractors and supplies of materials to ensure that production is completed within planned cost and duration.
- Design coordination whether the permanent design is in scope or not, there will be a requirement to review the design/drawings
Immediate subordinates- Site Manager, General foreman and Site engineers
What you'll need to succeed
The candidate will ideally have demonstrable experience in delivering projects of values £1mill and above, with experienced gained in heavy civils and industrial building projects such as Waste to Energy plants, Water/Sewerage treatment works, Manufacturing facilities and HV substations. Candidate must have a strong background in ground civils, foundations, bunds, concrete bases etc.
The candidate will be practically minded possessing excellent and effective communication skills.
- Degree or NVQ in Civil engineering (Preferred)
- UK drivers license
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary (£45,000-£50,000) Plus company car or car allowance
- Contributory pension
- Profit share/bonus
- The opportunity to progress within an expanding, forward-thinking contractor.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.