Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construction is recruiting a Project Manager to be part of the team based on one of our new projects in North London valued at over £100m within our South East region. A proven track record in leading of multi-building work-streams on site, and specific experience of large scale industrial-type buildings, would be particularly advantageous.
• Project Management role, initially focussing specifically on the external envelope to multiple buildings, from design and procurement to delivery on site to high standards of product quality performance within programme
• Managing the day to day working of the project and supporting the site team in making decisions and providing direction that suits the projects targets in terms of safety, programme and commercial control
• Contributing to regular team meetings
• Preparing and issuing Project Management Plans, including regular reviews and revisions as necessary.
• Maintaining contact with the client's team producing and presenting regular reports
• Deputising for the Project Manager when required
• Formulating and agreeing target programmes and short / medium term trade programmes
• Managing the Programme and monitoring costs
• Managing the preliminaries budget
• Leading, coordinating and motivating the site team and supply chain in achieving a collaborative team approach to deliver the project
• Setting up quality procedures and ensuring these are implemented.
• Establishing project industrial relations that reflect BAM procedures.
• Ensuring competence of subcontractors in compliance with CSCS and Build UK requirements, prior to appointment.
• Managing site health and safety, security and fire policies.
• Ensuring BAM construction environmental procedures are implemented on site.
• Formulating and overseeing implementation of risk and opportunity management
• Managing the strategic aspects of the project, mitigating risks whilst overseeing / coordinating the delivery team
• Managing the project handover and ensuring a defect / snag free completion.
Who are we looking for?
• A broad construction technical experience
• Commercial and contract awareness
• Proven and effective Leadership skills
• Proven experience to manage a project team
• Proven experience of industrial or film studio projects
• Proven experience of implementing relevant Health & Safety procedures and culture
• Proven experience of managing complex logistics including multiple cranes and lifting plans
• Knowledge of Environmental, BREEAM and CCS systems and procedures.
• Competent knowledge of IT packages
What's in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share our value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential