Project Manager, Capital Works, Education Buildings, Local Authority, South Wales, £27.00 per hour, 37 hours.
Your new company
Your new organisation are a Local Authority based in South Wales who have a multidisciplinary technical team to manage their commercial and operational buildings portfolio, consisting of Libraries, Community Centres, Schools and public buildings.
Your new role
You will be a client-side construction Project Manager for multiple projects at a time, predominantly new build and some refurbishment inline with the authorities '21st Century Schools Scheme'.
Technical skills include;
- Schedules of works, specifications and all contract documentation, ensuring that these comply with the project brief and timescale, budget estimates, all relevant legislation, regulations and policies.
- Assessing competitive tenders received, making recommendations and reporting thereon.
- Undertake Clerk of Works' duties and general supervision of works on site to ensure compliance with drawings/specifications, compliance with Health & Safety legislation and to ensure a high quality of workmanship and value for money.
- Determining the extent and value of building work executed for interim payments to contractors.
- Ensure that the Capital Works team meets with current Health & Safety requirements for all programmes of works.
- To assist the Capital Works Manager in the delivery of the capital works programme allocated by the council.
- To achieve high levels of performance against KPI's and to monitor achievement against these targets.
- To ensure that planned and capital programmes adhere to budgets, ensure effective systems are employed to control expenditure, procurement and use of resources.
- To accurately record and present budgetary data and provide progress and budget reports to the Capital Works Manager.
- To assist with any contractual disputes that may arise within the capital programmed works, and to liaise with the Council's legal and audit departments to resolve any such disputes.
What you'll need to succeed
- Construction Project Management skills - new build schools projects would be the ideal experience
- Good working knowledge of technical issues concerning housing maintenance and construction
- Good understanding and ability to use relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of health and safety legislation and guidance as it relates to housing maintenance
- Able to demonstrate leadership and staff management skills
- Ability to work in customer facing environment and experience of delivering added value to customers
- Ability to adhere to challenging targets
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer care skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
- Relevant qualifications within construction
- Knowledge and practice of Local Authority Policies
- Experience of managing Education construction projects
- Knowledge of the tender process and standard building contracts.
- Educated to degree level
What you'll get in return
37 hours per week, flexible working hours and working remotely, £27.00 per hour, long term contract (over 6 months).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.