Project Manager (Construction) - London Developer - SW London - £75-85,000
Our client is an established London based developer focusing on Residential and Commercial property in London's prime and up and coming locations. They're model is based on acquisition of properties through their network and adding value through planning, leasing and design & construction phases, either selling on or adding to their property portfolio.
Recent projects have included from: Resi Refurb to Demo/New Build of 8 High End Apartments (retaining the Victorian façade). They are also upscaling their projects to take on mixed use schemes, recently targeting an 18,000sqft development including 30 Residential Units, with Commercial and Retail space with Build cost up to 20M.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the full cross range of projects, from precon through to completion, managing 2-3 projects at any one time. The role has both a QS commercial and PM delivery function. It is key that you understand the best and most efficient ways to build each project to ensure maximum value is created. You will also be liaising with and advising your colleagues as the technical expert in these matters, supporting the acquisitions process prior to build.
This role will take on aspects of and grow into a Development Manager role.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing the budget and estimate costs putting together tender packages and appointing subbies, and consultants.
- One of your key tasks will be to value engineer the tender docs, understanding modern methods of construction enabling the best possible outcomes.
- You will stress test the fully designed scheme, to ensure buildability.
- Coordinate and collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects and key team members of the project team.
- Determine the necessary equipment, materials, and manpower needed.
- Ensure supplies and equipment are ordered and delivered according to schedule.
- Negotiate with external vendors on contract agreements.
- Obtain the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites.
- Plan and put programs of work together for construction operations.
- Allocate and manage resources to ensure that they are available when they are needed throughout the construction projects.
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly.
- Prepare reports regarding job status and maintain established programme of works.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes, and quality.
- Evaluate and manage risk, ensuring mitigation and resolution of problems arising on the projects.
- Train and mentor staff as required an in relation to scale of the project.
- Recruit direct staff as required for relevant projects.
- Handle any environmental or local community issues that may come up during a project.
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards.
You will have:
- A Construction Degree
- Extensive previous work experience in the QS function, managing budgets for construction projects, with the ability to deal with precon, costs/estimates, packaging work and running the program through to completion.
- Appropriate professional membership, PMP or an equivalent certification would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, and familiar with other construction management software.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.