Project Manager - Digital Engineering
Circa £52,000 cash plus benefits (indicative position in grade and location pay range)
As a Project Manager - Digital Engineering at HS2 you will work with the Digital Engineering Programme Manger to deliver a diverse range of Digital Engineering projects, based on prioritised business need. Ensuring delivery of capability including supporting business change and transition through to operational service. The role will also include supporting programme and department administration tasks.
About the Role:
- Lead the planning, management and delivery of Digital Engineering projects, with adherence to the Digital Engineering Programme Governance Framework; and ensure all other areas of HS2 governance processes are adhered to
- Capture new business requirements with outcomes that are specific, measurable and aligned to Digital Engineering strategy and how these are best delivered through the programme
- Manage scope, time, budget and quality to ensure controls are maintained with tolerances set by Programme Board. Assisting with development of budgets and forecasts for future projects
- Continuously monitor projects for risk, issues and regulatory compliance and take appropriate action to mitigate/escalate in a timely manner
- Build, maintain and manage stakeholder relationships (Business teams, , delivery partners & vendors) during project delivery
- Working with Digital Engineering domain leads and the Strategy team to ensure Change Management activities are delivered to the right people at the correct time
- Production of reports to detail progression of project covering task completion, risk and issues, finance and resource profiles. Repots will consist of weekly highlight report, monthly board report and ad hoc reporting as required
- Management of contract renewals, including all spatial data licensing and related procurement activities, across Digital Engineering to ensure existing contracts are renewed on time
- Support the Programme office with delivering the Digital Engineering Strategy
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Stakeholder Management – Identification of stakeholders, analysis of their expectations and influences, development of appropriate strategies to work with stakeholders
- Scheduling – Ability to create a task-based plan and then mange resources to deliver the plan
- Degree Educated or qualifications in Project Management, Business Management, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- Knowledge of Digital landscape and impact of digital transformation within an organisation
- Experience of working in complex multi project environment delivering a range of projects for more than 12months
- Experience of matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams in a dynamic environment
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect.
We operate broad pay scales for all our roles to enable us to fulfil our commitments to inclusivity and career development. Final package is dependent on individual knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, we offer a range of competitive benefits - check them out in the Benefits section on our website.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply' button below.
Closing date: 29 October 2021.