Project Manager - South West
We are currently working on a number of projects tthroughout the South West, with particular needs for PM's to manage in Reading, Bristol and/or Devonport, Plymouth. We require Project Managers who can lead project teama to deliver a safe and quality project, exceeding our customers' expectations in line with the business strategy.
• The Leadership, Management and oversight of all areas of the project, delivering successful project outcomes in all areas, and maintaining high standards of professionalism.
• Communicating effectively and professionally with everyone associated with the project and the wider community.
• Providing operational, strategic and contractual direction for the whole project team.
• Setting a personal example in health safety and environmental matters through strong, visible leadership (including safety tours). Acting as a champion for all company and sub-contractor employees. Actively supporting HSQE initiatives, both on the project and across business.
• Maintaining high standards in environmental awareness and behaviour.
• Driving quality delivery through effective planning and right first time delivery.
• Taking a personal interest in mentoring and developing key staff to their next level.
• Leading and managing the project team, ensuring high levels of commitment, morale and motivation at all levels.
• Adopting, maintaining and promoting cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
• Maintaining a good working relationship with the client and his/her project management and supervisory team and the supply chain.
• Promote repeat business by maintaining personal contact with key clients and stakeholders, and by demonstrating high levels of commitment to their requirements.
• Establishing, maintaining and monitoring an effective, programme based cost management system, to facilitate financial control with reliable QF preparation and reporting.
• Ensuring realistic programmes are prepared, managed, monitored, reviewed, and updated according to the requirements of the project and contract.
• Ensuring processes are in place for the preparation, review and briefing of method statements, activity plans and risk assessments and measures implemented to ensure they are reviewed and updated accordingly.
• Ensuring systems are in place for the successful commercial and financial management of the project.
• Ensuring all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
• Using appropriate and effective communication methods such as recorded internal weekly progress meetings to communicate with the whole project team.
• Keeping line management appraised of potential risks and opportunities associated with the project and the potential for future work opportunities.
• Maintaining close working relationship with company departments to maximise support for the project and for opportunities to share knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience
• Degree, HND in Engineering or equivalent
• Experience working as PM or Senior Agent with Civil Engineering contracting.
• Must be able to demonstrate leadership and management capabilities commensurate with such a role.
• Detailed working knowledge of the civils construction environment and forms of contract used.
• Experience of working in construction project delivery.
What's in it for you?
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including car/allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.