Building the present, creating the future
Working on projects within the Transpire Alliance, the Project Risk Manager will deliver qualitative and quantitative risk analysis work to a number of projects. The role has a high degree of autonomy and you will be expected to organise your own workload to deliver the requirements of each project and the wider Alliance. Key to this role is skill and experience in the delivery of project quantitative risk analysis.
The role is based on the Transpire Alliance project with our main office being in the Manchester Piccadilly area with other offices existing in Leeds and York. Travelling between the three locations will be necessary therefore you could be based in Manchester, Leeds or York. Public transport links are good, with train stations being within walking distance.
The project is expected to complete during 2025 after which you would become part of the BAM Nuttall Risk Team on another project.
Key activities will include:
- Contribute to the development and update of the Project Risk Management plan.
- Deliver project risk management services for the projects to which you are assigned, including regular risk register reviews, prioritisation of uncertainty and risk for mitigation, recommendation of beneficial responses to risks.
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (Schedule and Cost) to: determine the contingency level in line with risk appetite; establish the confidence with which the project will remain within authorised timescales and budgets; enable project risk prioritisation and best course of mitigation; and to enable decision making about the way forward.
- Reporting the output of your reviews and analyses to the Alliance Management Team, including:
- Risk register quality metrics
- Risk exposure vs contingency
- Confidence levels of remaining within budget
- Recommendations on the priority courses of action for the project team to take to reduce overall uncertainty and/or maintain the project cost within authorised budget.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Good communication skills with an ability to translate complex data into useful information.
- Knowledge and experience of using enterprise risk management systems such as Active Risk Manager.
- Advanced risk modelling skills including the development of project risk models in Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis and @RISK.
- Strong experience of facilitation of project risk management processes.
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in a numeric discipline.
- Knowledge of commercial contracts and payment mechanisms and how they might affect the potential project risk profile.
- Managing your activities and work within agreed timescales in a challenging, delivery-focussed environment.
- UK Rail Sector experience desirable.
- Other project controls disciplines e.g. planning, estimating, etc and/or project management desirable.
- Risk Management qualification desirable.
- Understanding of business case development and rail sector funding arrangements.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.