Main Contractor - North West London - Section Engineer - Rail, Station, Infrastructure.
Our client is a top tier contractor working on some of the biggest national Civil Engineering and Build projects in the UK. With a current need in North West London on a multimillion pound infrastructure projects you will be joining a leading business and a long-term project You will be: Responsible for all the technical and engineering aspects of the piling construction during the early works stages. Supporting and reporting to the Construction Manager in regard to the piling works and the Design Manager in the design, the production and management of the engineering input. Fulfilling the self-certification and assurance of the Works as per the Main Contract. Your role will require you to understand and ensure compliance with the Construction Management Plan, etc
The day to day role will include:
- Preparing sketches, presentation, calculations and research to support miscellaneous engineering tasks.
- Checking that adequate measures and controls are in place to provide evidence of self-assurance and confirm that the works are carried out in compliance with the design, ensuring all certificates, assurance and compliance certificates are generated and collated.
- Work with designers to determine stages of design and assist with constructability input, identify the tasks and manage schedules.
- Co-ordinate requests for external resource engagement, including drafting scope for procurement of services as necessary.
- Keep record on reviews and advice in a consistent and controlled manner, to ensure that safety and efficiency are optimised
- Preparation and review of Method Statements and ITPs for all the activities related to the piling works
- Track items that could require change control, to improve buildability. Draft change control notices.
You will have:
- A Civ Eng degree level or equivalent around 5 years relevant engineering and construction experience.
- Experience should include medium / large size projects, preparation and documentation of programmes and plans, and coordination of the delivery.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.