Project Surveyor-Interim Opportunity-Public Sector Organisation-Inside IR35- South London -open to graduates
Your new company
On behalf of a public sector organisation, Hays Property & Surveying are now looking for a Project Surveyor, on a 3 month rolling contract.
This is a long term opportunity, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
You will join a team of experienced professionals that will support you and train you as necessary.
Their offices are based close to local train and bus, making this a very accessible location.
Your new role
The post holder will manage appointed suppliers (consultants/contractors) to deliver building projects as allocated by the Programme Manager.
You will be expected to manage projects for repair and replacements, as well as manage a programme of cyclical redecoration to Authority properties and projects carried out by external suppliers.
Some of your duties will include:
* Assist the Programme Manager in preparing user brief requirements, delegated authority requests, budgets and timeframes to deliver the projects.
* Ensure all projects are carried out to agreed timescales, budgets and standards (including performance targets) and in liaison with the Property Operation Manager's requirements.
* Deliver a customer focussed service, seek and monitor customer feedback, and undertake rectification work as required.
* Appoint suppliers in accordance with Authority Codes of Practice, Property Group procedures and best practice, and manage their work.
* Prepare cost estimates, drawings, schedules, specifications and contract documentation for the design, installation, upgrading, maintenance and repair of the projects and/or instruct external suppliers to carry out these functions as required.
* Investigate building problems and defects and provide written reports that will include a diagnosis of the problems, suitable solutions and cost budgets.
* Ensure works are delivered within approved budgets, provide monthly financial reviews and ensure expenditure to monthly budget profiles.
* Keep accurate records (manual and IT based) as required and to revise accordingly.
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate you will have:
* an accredited degree in Building Surveying or Project Management, and at least 2 years of work experience;
* good knowledge of building maintenance, of different property types as well as different types of construction; substantial experience of diagnosing & rectifying repairs;
* project management skills;
* ability to write specifications, cost estimates, reports;
* excellent customer service experience, very good communication skills both verbal and written;
* Strong IT skills, including CAD.
Finally you'll be able to prioritise tasks, manage your time efficiently and work well in a busy environment.
PLEASE NOTE: my client is happy to consider graduates with some years of experience, as well as more experienced candidates.
What you'll get in return
* you'll be working for a well-established public sector organisation, in a friendly environment;
* you'll gain valuable experience, working on multiple interesting projects, for a well-established organisation;
* You'll be supported and trained as and when necessary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
£20.00 - £28.00 per hour
020 7259 8811