A leading Housing Group who have a large operation across the South West are seeking a Project Surveyor to ensure refurbishment works are delivered on time, with strong leadership, within budget constraints and controls, and against high quality standards.
This role sits within the Planned Investment team and reports into the Investment Manager. It will be delivering professional surveying services focusing on the design and contract administration of high value projects, ensuring demonstrable quality, value for money and high levels of Customer Satisfaction.
The Successful candidate will be a proven competent Surveyor who can demonstrate experience of working within a busy Asset Management / Planned Investment delivery team working alongside a team of fellow surveyors. You will also have experience of project management and a sound knowledge of contract administration and building contract law and legislation
* Deliver a customer focused and strong project and contract management approach to service delivery, including the principal design, specification and delivery of projects.
* Provide effective programme forecasting, progress monitoring, and cost management, ensuring the customer experience and quality standards are understood, maintained and developed.
* Work closely with the local authority planning departments, ensuring the design, specification and delivery of refurbishment work is carried out in accordance with statutory requirements.
* Take ownership for the robustness and integrity of project data including financial projections and information.
* Provide information regarding financial and performance monitoring and reporting for individual projects.
* Ensure health and safety related activities including compliance with statutory obligations are robustly managed
Qualifications & Experience
* Hold a relevant professional qualification (HNC / HND / Degree) and / or relevant construction, maintenance or building related professional qualification
* Evidence significant experience of carrying out detailed design work for the refurbishment of buildings
* Have a detailed understanding of managing health and safety within properties and as part of construction works, including the management of CDM, asbestos, fire, water, gas and electrical safety
* Bring experience of project management delivery in relation to significant capital/revenue projects within a property investment related organisation
* Evidence my experience of providing professional surveying services
* Bring excellent numeracy and analytical skills, with the ability to understand and interpret statistical and financial information, make informed judgements, appraise and manage risk and convey advice as appropriate
This is an exciting opportunity for someone from a Social housing background or a similar industry, to add real value to an organisation with ambitious growth plans and be a key influencer in its future success.
If you would like more information or to apply for this vacancy, please contact us on (phone number removed).
The reference for this vacancy is TN(phone number removed)
TristoneNash is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client
33000.00 - 34000.00 GBP Annual + GBP33000 - GBP34000/annum car allowance