Property Surveyor - 10 month FTC - Up to £56,000 in Sheffield
Your new company
A dominant force in their sector, this company is a highly successful organisation who have experienced consistent year on year growth based in Sheffield, and are offering a significant opportunity for a candidate with the right mix of experience and leadership capability.
Your new role
Your new role is to provide strategic direction and take accountability for all property management activities across a designated property portfolio. To lead and support Management Surveyors/Surveying Executives in the department and to support the Centre Manager and Asset Manager as part of the operational delivery team and to take responsibility for the delivery of day to day property and lease management, L&T services, service delivery and reporting requirements for across the portfolio of retail assets.
Ensure compliance with Management Agreements, JV requirements and KPI's, and to provide relevant information to other BL departments and third parties as reasonably requested.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to Management Surveyors/Surveying Executives in the delivery of property management responsibilities in accordance with BL's policies and procedures.
- Act as the interface between Management Surveyors and Senior Management surveying team, providing and initial escalation point for issue and ideas. To provide the necessary support to enable the department to be run efficiently and effectively.
- Be accountable for the delivery of exceptional customer service to all BL's retail customers.
- Investigate and implement improvements to service delivery across all areas of property management.
- Take responsibility for projects or workstreams across the department - ensure best practice in the market and ensure consistency across all assets managed by PM team. Work to continually be market leaders in these allocated workstreams.
- Be the principal point of contact on all property management issues across a designated portfolio. Attend the asset and leasing meetings and provide the team with updates on all property management actions and priorities
- Be the property management lead during the business planning process, ensuring that all PM priorities are agreed, and budgets assigned. Be responsible for ensuring all PM priorities are delivered.
- Support the delivery of operations management at each asset, providing advice on matters such as service charge recoverability and lease compliance
- Maintain management systems for new building/property/tenants including lease set up, rent and service charge management, policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all British Land policies and procedures insofar as they affect the management of the assets
- Deal with tenant applications, including alterations and assignments ensuring all matters are dealt with in a timely manner and all BL costs are met
- Coordinate, prepare and review property management reports
- Assist in the preparation and review of the service charge budget to ensure that all costs are competitively benchmarked and recoverable
- Ensure all service charge budgets are prepared and delivered in accordance with internal and RICS deadlines and that all information is accurate and uploaded to the Service Charge Budget Centre
- Ensure all supporting documentation is uploaded to the Retail Information Centre in a timely manner
- Deal with all queries in connection with the service charge, including dealing with external consultants as appropriate
- Take responsibility for Business rates management and assist the operations team with any Rates mitigation initiatives
- Ensure all lease events are diarized and reported
- Ensure all periodic invoices for rent, service charge, insurance and other charges are submitted accurately and in accordance with internal timetable
- Liaise with credit control in connection with the timely collection of arrears, taking any necessary direct action as either escalated or required to meet KPI's.
- Take responsibility for the provision of accurate data to external advisors in connection with (inter alia) insurance renewals, sustainability reporting and other projects
- Provide any support necessary to ensure that all on-site contracts are agreed and signed. Support the procurement of service contracts at either centre or portfolio level in consultation with BL procurement and centre management teams
- CRM - assume responsibility for maintaining relationships with agreed CRM targets at Estates level.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in commercial property management
- Understanding of the retail property market and the factors influencing retailer property decisions
- Lease management
- Tenant applications
- Service Charge budgeting, reconciliation and management
- Health and Safety awareness
- Reporting skills
- RICS qualified
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary of £56,000 pro rata for the 10 month FTC as well as other added benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
£200.00 - £300.00 per day
0114 276 0536