A Quantity Surveyor position near Ripon has become available
Your new company
A large national building materials company are looking for an experienced quantity surveyor to join their team. This is a great opportunity for an established quantity surveyor to progress and develop their career.
Your new role
- Oversee the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Prepare and agree interim valuations and final accounts
- Record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts
- Manage financial accounts and report to senior management on the framework performance
- Liaise and present to the client on the framework performance
- Secure payments from customers within the specified contract terms and manage payment of subcontractors
- Pricing and agreement of highway maintenance schemes Target Costs.
- Administration of highway maintenance schemes in conjunction with operational teams including Early Warning notification and the pricing and agreement of Compensation Events.
What you'll need to succeed
The right candidate will need drive and ambition to succeed along with good interpersonal skills. They'll also need good problem-solving skills. They will need good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages. Ideally the candidate will come from a Highways maintenance, highways construction or civil engineering background with a HND or equivalent qualification.
What you'll get in return
You'll be paid a competitive salary, bonus scheme, car/car allowance and various other company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.