Quantity Surveyor on construction site for freelance Sussex role
Working for a successful Groundworks and civils sub-contractor on prestigious main contracting sites up to the value of £8m. The company are Sussex based and operate a friendly and successful business which has seen turnover increase year on year. The majority of their work focuses on groundworks; RC frames; superstructure floors; large basements; swimming pool slabs; roads; drainage etc. They also are involved in a small amount of heavy civils work.
The role is for a Quantity Surveyor with experience ideally of previous appointments with groundworks and civils sub-contractors. Duties will include -
- Securing payments;
- Measurement in accordance with relevant codes;
- Ability to communicate well with main contractors and understand the processes they work to.
- Ability to draw up programmes and assist scheduling the works would be advantageous
- Familiar with materials procurement
- Some estimating requirement
- Working predominately in Sussex with a scope of works throughout the South Coast.
What you'll need to succeed
- Background of Quantity Surveying in a construction environment
- IT literate
- Clean drivers licence
What you'll get in return
In return you will join a friendly and driven team who are an established family company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
£300.00 - £350.00 per day